Our client has immediate need for a Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) and Acquisition Lifecycle Framework (ALF) Specialist. This ideal candidate will have experience working on a large, enterprise-wide IT project at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or one of its Components (TSA, CBP, etc.) such that you have a strong understanding of their specific requirements and processes for large IT programs.
• Hybrid: Approximately 75% Remote/Telework (US East Coast business hours - EST)
• 1-2 days per week in-person, on-site for collaboration activities (location – Washington, DC)
You’re a great fit if:
• You enjoy being a team player who can collaborate with customers, stakeholders, and cross-functional technical teams.
• You have experience reviewing and synthesizing Federal IT process documentation (SELC, ALF, etc.) such that you can help others understand/comply with the processes and can help ensure that critical milestones are met throughout a technology modernization effort.
• You understand that compliance with Federal IT processes includes obtaining approval/sign-off for required deliverables, adhering to entry/exit criteria, planning for regularly scheduled progress reviews (gates, etc.).
• You are detail-oriented and can leverage your knowledge of SELC, ALF and Enterprise Architecture (EA) processes to review deliverables for compliance and can provide recommendations to technical teams.
• You have strong collaboration skills that to track team progress towards meeting SELC, ALF, and EA requirements (as specified by Federal process documentation).
• You are willing to work collaboratively with multiple teams and stakeholders to ensure that quality assurance processes are followed for all SELF, ALF and EA deliverables.
• You have experience with Agile collaboration tools like Atlassian’s Jira/Confluence such that you can easily run reports, produce graphics, and provide the customer with program status.
• You have experience using problem solving and analytical skills, working across several workstreams and reporting status to multiple customer stakeholders.
• You already have an understanding of best practices, processes, and tools related to enterprise-wide Data Analytics initiatives.
You’ll love this position if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
• You have at least 1-year of experience in a consulting/analyst/PM role on a project for a Federal agency. The customer prefers someone who has experience working on complex, multi-faceted programs in a multi-contractor environment.
• You have a minimum of 5 years of experience working on an IT transformation project or supporting a Project Management Office (PMO), preferably as a Business Analyst or Consultant.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field (business admin., engineering, communications, etc.)
• You have a Management and/or Agile Management certification such as CAPM, PMP, ACP, SAFe, etc.
• You have strong organizational, analytical and communication skills to help you manage customer expectations, to provide status to program executives, and to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
• You are tech savvy with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) and Agile collaboration tools (Jira/Confluence).
• You are prepared to submit daily status updates via Jira cards and YTBs (Yesterday, Today, and Blockers).
• You understand Agile methodology, processes, and practices (Scrum ceremonies, LEAN, etc.)
• You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to resolve conflict with productive outcomes.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You possess the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
We’ll really love you if: (This is the BONUS stuff that makes you stand out)
• You have at least 1-year of experience in a consulting/analyst/PM role on a project for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or one of its Components (TSA, CBP, etc.) The customer prefers someone who has experience working on DHS IT modernization projects.
• You have experience working on complex IT transformation efforts, preferably one that involved cloud-based data analytics software, legacy Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) tools/reports, and integration with enterprise business systems (e.g., financial system, HR, etc.)
• You have worked on a high-performing, high-profile Federal program where continuous professional growth and improvement is not only encouraged – it is required.
• You have experience creating presentations and visuals (e.g., MS PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, etc.) that provide program executives with an overview of progress (e.g., overall status, documentation approvals), outreach efforts, dependencies, successes, and challenges.
• You understand the importance of complying with robust, customer-required Quality Assurance (QA) processes for presentations, materials, and deliverables that you create for customers and stakeholders.
• You enjoy learning about all aspects of an IT modernization project and reading program materials that provide strategic insights and goals (even when not directly related to your project role).
• You have hands-on experience with Agile methodology and can easily use Jira/Confluence to make entries, run reports, track progress, and drive delivery of business value.
• You have hands-on experience decomposing high-level business requirements (e.g., concepts, epics and features) into Agile user stories as well as maintaining traceability between requirements.
• You have the ability to pay attention to detail while remaining focused on a strategic, big picture.
The Whole Package:
• Premium health benefits (including medical, dental, and vision coverage);
• Competitive 401k plan with matching;
• Ability to telework (75%) using government-issued equipment (with home office stipend);
• Professional growth and development opportunities (with training stipend);
• Paid sick leave, vacation, and Federal holidays;
• Competitive market salary
The Admin Stuff: You must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the U.S. government. Public trust security clearance investigations are managed by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Innovation
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and safe workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a growing consulting and solutions firm focused on innovation, we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V