How You'll Help Us Connect the World.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Reporting to our Senior Manager of Hardware Engineering for our Access Technology Group, the AT product portfolio covers all Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) infrastructure products, including Optical Headend, Optical Nodes, RF active/passive products, and RF over Glass (RFoG) including Optical Network Units (ONU)/Multi-Dwelling Units(MDU’s).
- This position requires simulation, modeling, breadboarding, and prototype evaluation of RF and Digital circuitry used in RF amplifiers and fiber optic transmitters and receivers. With your knowledge of broadband RF components, you will collaborate multi-functional design teams comprised of mechanical, electrical, test, and operations engineers.
- As a crucial team member in our laboratory, you will work with network and spectrum analyzers, measurements including frequency response, return loss, noise figure, non-linear distortion, signal to noise ratio, bit error rate, modulation error ratio, optical modulation index, and thermal analysis. We will look to you to make recommendations to the inter-disciplinary team to enhance performance and improve product quality.
- If you prosper working in a team environment and enjoy working with an ambitious, progressive design team that owns much of the design process and work, then this is the role for you!
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Electrical with 6+ years of engineering experience
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- Hybrid-Fiber-Coax networks.
- Electrical design theory.
- Circuit analysis and modeling tools.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Familiarity with industry and government standards; Telcordia, ANSI, FCC, and UL.
- Familiarity with analog and digital fiber optic 1310 and 1550 NM systems including CWDM and DWDM networks.
- Software programs such as Keysight Genesys, Office, Agile, Oracle, SharePoint.
- Product lifecycle models.
- Experience with optical components, designs & circuits.
- Knowledge of digital communication IC’s and micros.