Senior Engineers’ responsibilities include: Managing all aspects of our customer’s technologies; Mentoring, educating, guiding, and supporting associate/mid-level team members; Project management: IT assessments, recommendations, and proposals; and nurturing customer relationships. Seniors play a crucial role as they serve as the junction point between client service delivery excellence, and the professional development of our consultants. This is a client facing technical role.
- Provide clients with technical expertise pertaining to networking, mobility, virtualization, security, and cloud-based solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies.
- Update existing infrastructure to ensure optimal network performance, security, and availability.
- Develop IT strategies to ensure the networking, compute, and storage infrastructure meets current and future requirements based on needs and regulations.
- Have an understanding of on premise, hybrid, and cloud architectures as well as proven best practices that enable high operational resiliency.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently.
- Participation in proposal content, product research, and sales meetings with prospective clients may be required.
- Understanding fundamentals of IT governance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Certifications strongly preferred: Microsoft expert certification (Cloud technology), CISSP, CCSP and other related industry certifications.
- Minimum of 5 plus years' experience with the maintaining, and supporting of various technology environments
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information management
- Fundamental knowledge of advanced troubleshooting theory and practice
- Deep knowledge of the complete Microsoft SaaS cloud stack including Microsoft 365, EMS, and Azure Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure IaaS services including virtual machines, storage, networking, backup/site recovery and security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure PaaS platforms such as SQL databases and Elastic pools, Azure App Services, and web application firewalls
- Knowledge of on-premises based technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN
- Systems Center knowledge a plus
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
- Must be a team player.
- Must be strong in all aspects of Microsoft back-office platforms.
- Strong hands-on networking, firewalls, routing and switching experience.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Outstanding and proven communication at all levels within an organization, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Understand networking and routing and have some exposure to firewalls. Need to have some hands on experience.
- Interact with private clouds or Saas apps, manage workloads in servers on the platforms. Can be entry level with O365, Azure/AD is a plus. Need to have written group policies.