Our client, a technology solution company and federal contractor is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Mission Systems Engineering Team. The candidate will support the maintenance of a complex and highly visible Command & Control subsystem. You will work in a collaborative, interactive development environment, with an amazing team of highly skilled system and software engineers who are leading the industry in ground system solutions.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software maintenance teams and test personnel.
• Perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, system and operational requirements, interface architecture and conops, and requirement/system validation.
• Support product team development, testing and user documentation.
• Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the maintenance of his/her project.
• Provide status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks or Maintenance plans, as applicable.
• Provide document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues.
• Support ECP efforts as required.
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
• Experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas: architecture development, operations concept development, functional analysis, interface definition, and verification & validation for large software systems
• Experience utilizing discrepancy report systems.
• Active and transferable U.S. government issued Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Experience with systems engineering principles and activities.
• Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
• Experience administering and managing documentation baselines
• Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
• Experience working in a Satellite Ground System develop mentor operations environment
• Experience with Satellite Command and Control or Mission Planning and Scheduling Operations
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience working in an Agile or DevOps development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with SW, Integration and Verification teams.