Our client, a technology solution company and federal contractor is seeking a System Administrator with a strong Linux administration background to join our team in developing and maintaining systems in a classified environment.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance to be considered.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
- 8+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include patching, creating RPM packages, performance tuning, networking, user management (LDAP), and security.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience with scripting, particularly in Bash and Python
- Experienced using and developing with automation tools/frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, and Chef.
- Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- In-depth experience with the deployment and administration of systems in Amazon WebServices (AWS)/Commercial Cloud Services (C2S)
- Hands-on experience working with developer tools including Git, Artifactory, Bitbucket, CI/CDtools, and Jira
- Experience with containerization
- Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Khanban)
- NAS and SAN administration experience
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (or higher) on start date. IAT Level 2 requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CySA+, CND
- Experience administering Windows based systems
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors