Federal contractor has an immediate opening for a Facility and Integration Team (FIT) Technician. The qualified candidate will support hardware development; build-out and in-plant integration activities in an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment. Some duties will include configuring and integrating Hardware Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components and related peripheral devices within a raised floor (lab) environment, support related systems with hands on keyboard activities to integrate COTS products for the project’s needs.
Note: This position may require travel to customer sites for COTS integration and installation activities of up to 50% in some cases.
We are seeking the Facilities Integration Technician to work in our Richardson, TX location.
- Leverage company and industry best practices and capabilities to assist with the movement, deployment, implementation, and support of COTS infrastructure solutions
- Use your experience to install and configure COTS components and related products and integrate components within the factory or customer facility
- Work with the team to configure and prepare COTS Items in preparation for delivery to customers in coordination with 3rd party organizations as needed
- Support site hardware rack, component, and cable installation; document hardware audits; redline documents/drawings as necessary for the project
- Perform system updates utilizing System Administration skills in a Linux environment
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: These are REQUIRED to get an interview!!!
- A Current and active TS/SCI security clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Typically requires BS/BA Degree in Science, Technology Engineering Math (STEM) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Physics and 2 years of related work experience; However, Prior experience in related fields such as Military; utilizing hardware and / or software tools in similar situations will be considered
- Experience with COTS equipment integration including cabling, component installation, documentation, and integration of hardware COTS systems into a datacenter is a key skill required
- CompTIA Security + or ability to obtain within 90 days
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: These will make you stand out
- Experience with various hand and test tools such as: Basic Hand tools, Digital Volt Meters (DVMs) test and analysis tools, Hand Crimping tools for various cable and connector types
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (E.g. Python, Java, Ruby, Bash, C++, C#, Go)
- Experience with basic operating systems such as: Windows / Linux
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Etc.)
- Experience with illustration software such as: Visio or AutoCAD
- Industry standard certifications such as: Data Center Certified Associate (DCCA) or Data Center Infrastructure Specialist (DCIS) for Datacenter component integration